Avocado & Lentil Chocolate Pudding
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) split red lentils
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown or cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cherries or cranberries
1. Place lentils into a small pot with 1 cup (250 mL) water. Bring to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, but have not broken down, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, shaking off extra moisture.
2. Place lentils, avocados, coconut milk, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla into a food processor and puree until smooth in consistency. Scrape down sides and puree again until everything is incorporated. This can also be done with a fork or whisk.
3. Portion into four small bowls, garnish with dried cherries or cranberries and serve.
Quick tip: For a chilled dessert, refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
Kathy Romses, 2017