Each year we offer courses to develop and improve your skills. The courses are developed by SKABC and are taught by experienced and trained club members who volunteer their time. However, our courses are not certification courses.
We charge a nominal fee (generally between $20-$70) to cover expenses for materials, facilities and such. Once you've taken a course, we encourage you to go out on club trips to put your new skills into practice and continue developing your skills.
See the Course Schedule for the current line up of training courses.
Who can participate?
SKABC courses are available to members only. They are offered on a first come, first served basis and usually fill up quickly, so don't delay signing up.
- If the course you want is full, you can ask to be placed on a waitlist.
- If you took the same course last year, you will only be able to register for that course if space permits.
If you're already a member Click Here to login.
Registering for a course
- Check the Course Schedule and find the course(s) you want.
- Contact the Course Coordinator for the course and let them know you want to register.
You can find their contact information on the Course Schedule. If there are prerequisites for the course, we will contact you to ensure you meet the requirements. Once your place in the course is approved, we will send you confirmation email, which will also include payment instructions.
- Please submit payment 48 hours of receiving the confirmation.
Course cancellation policy
- If you cancel with more than 30 days' notice, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel with less than 30 days' notice, there will be no refund unless we can fill your spot. Always inform the Course Coordinator if you need to cancel, because we often have people wait-listed.
If we can't fill your spot, you can propose another SKABC member to take your place, provide they have the prerequisite experience. He or she must contact the Course Coordinator before the course starts to change the registration and get accepted into the course.