- 4 servings firm white fish such as snapper or rock fish.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
Measure out and pack separately red curry paste and fish sauce.
- Makeup coconut milk per package instructions.
- On medium heat warm curry paste until fragrant-about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add minced ginger root and briefly stir fry.
- Add coconut milk and gently bring to a boil then lower to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce and return to simmer.
- Gently slide fish fillets into the simmering sauce and continue cooking until fish is just cooked through – approximately 5 to 7 minutes depending upon the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice and stir fried vegetables.
The fish can be fried first, set aside until the sauce is ready and then gently added to the sauce.
The recipe works well using chicken instead of fish.