This is a great starter dish after a hard day's paddle or on a cold day when everyone needs reviving. It takes very little time to prepare and it's very satisfying.
- One package of Agropure Swiss Cheese Fondue (found in the fine cheese sections of most supermarkets; doesn't require refrigeration)
- One baguette (or for a multi-day trip, bagels (good for 7 days) or pumpernickel (good forever))
- Any combination of fresh veggies that go well with cheese (broccoli, cauliflower, celery, zucchini, grape tomatoes)
- Optional: fresh ground nutmeg
- Squeeze out the cheese into a non-stick pan (you can use a regular pan but you'll be sorry when it's time to clean up). Warm on medium heat, stirring often.
- Throw in a splash or two of dry white wine and cook a bit more.
- Top with a grating of nutmeg.