Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (13- to 14-ounce) can well-stirred unsweetened coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 large honeydew melon (5 pounds), chilled
- Stir together coconut milk, sugar, and lime juice in a small metal bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Halve melon and discard seeds. Cut melon into wedges and pare away the rind. Cut melon onto bite sized pieces.
- Divide melon among 8 serving dishes, then pour coconut milk over top. Serve immediately.
Notes: You can get cans of coconut cream in most grocery stores in their Asian Food section. It is also available in powdered form in Famous Foods at 1595 Kingsway St, Vancouver.
The coconut cream doesn't thicken unless it's chilled but it still tastes good. If you make it at home, sit the bowl in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes to thicken it. When you're out camping, just slurp it.