Nick Heath

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 2,296 through 2,310 (of 4,523 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • in reply to: Buy and Sell #20205
    Former Member

    Everything is gone now.

    in reply to: Please register now for AGM #20204
    Sarka Lhotak

    Please, register me for AGM.

    Sarka Lhotak

    in reply to: Please register now for AGM #20202
    Former Member

    Please register me for the AGM, thanks

    Gunilla

    in reply to: Please register now for AGM #20201
    Josephine Kovacs

    Please register me for AGM. Thanks

    Josephine Kovacs

    in reply to: General Discussion #20200
    Nick Heath

    Come on SKABCers! Get on it!

    21 only are registered so far…but the meeting is fast approaching – this coming Mon evening!

    Participate and don’t miss our super presentations!!

    in reply to: General Discussion #20199
    George Prevost

    (I posted this yesterday on the short notice paddles forum but haven’t gotten any replies yet.  I thought more people might see it if I put it in the general discussion forum, too.)

    The forecast for this coming weekend (October 30 and 31) looks excellent, with sunshine starting Friday and lasting at least through Monday.  I would like to do an overnight trip to one of the Howe Sound sites – probably Ramillies Channel, but it’s up for negotiation – and am looking for some company.  The plan would be to launch from Porteau Cove at 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and to return early to mid-afternoon on Sunday.

    The current forecast is for light to moderate winds but things can change quickly in Howe Sound so this is a paddle for intermediate paddlers, or above, who are comfortable potentially paddling in ten to fifteen knot winds and some whitecaps.  The  forecast high temperature is 10 degrees and the water is getting cold as winter approaches so you will need to be dressed for immersion and cool conditions.  Depending on conditions, and what the group wants to do, we may paddle up to about fourteen nautical miles on one or the other of the days.

    If you’re interested, please reply to this post, email me at georgepr@telus.net or text me at 778-235-9242.  I’ll set up a Zoom call for Wednesday or Thursday evening so we can come up with a detailed plan that suits everyone.

    George Prevost

    The forecast for this coming weekend (October 30 and 31) looks excellent, with sunshine starting Friday and lasting at least through Monday.  I would like to do an overnight trip to one of the Howe Sound sites – probably Ramillies Channel, but it’s up for negotiation – and am looking for some company.  The plan would be to launch from Porteau Cove at 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and to return early to mid-afternoon on Sunday.

    The current forecast is for light to moderate winds but things can change quickly in Howe Sound so this is a paddle for intermediate paddlers, or above, who are comfortable potentially paddling in ten to fifteen knot winds and some whitecaps.  The  forecast high temperature is 10 degrees and the water is getting cold as winter approaches so you will need to be dressed for immersion and cool conditions.  Depending on conditions, and what the group wants to do, we may paddle up to about fourteen nautical miles on one or the other of the days.

    If you’re interested, please reply to this post, email me at georgepr@telus.net or text me at 778-235-9242.  I’ll set up a Zoom call for Wednesday or Thursday evening so we can come up with a detailed plan that suits everyone.

    George Prevost

    I’m planning to launch at Vanier Park (by the Coast Guard station) at 11:30 and paddle to Siwash Rock and back, stopping somewhere on the way for lunch.  Total distance will be four or five nautical miles, or about two hours paddling not including breaks.

    It may be somewhat windy so although this is usually a suitable paddle for beginners, it probably won’t be this weekend.  I plan to keep an eye on the forecast and make a go/no go decision Sunday morning.  If we get to the launch and are concerned about the wind, an alternate may be to paddle around False Creek instead.

    If you’re interested in joining me, please reply to this posting, send me an email at georgepr@telus.net, or send me a text at 778-235-9242.

    in reply to: Anybody traveling from Comox to Lower Mainland? #20174
    Former Member

    I can be reached by text at 604-617-8624 or email at rchat@me.com.  I’m picking up the paddle from Gabrielle in the morning and will be staying in North Van Thursday night through Monday afternoon.  Let me know where you are.

    in reply to: Anybody traveling from Comox to Lower Mainland? #20173
    Roberto Dominguez

    Thanks Randy!

    Will email you directly with the details. It’s from Grabriela, at greenlandpaddles.ca 🙂

     

    in reply to: Anybody traveling from Comox to Lower Mainland? #20172
    Former Member

    I am coming over for the weekend and staying in North Vancouver.  I’ll be driving around quite a bit, so I may even be able to bring it directly to you.  Is it a “Paddle by George”?

    Randy

    in reply to: General Discussion #20171
    Roberto Dominguez

    Hi,

    I had a Greenland paddle made by a craftperson in Commox, and we’re not comfortable having it shipped by courier, so I was wondering if anybody coming in the next few weeks from Comox to somewhere in the Lower Mainland could do me a favour and picking it up. Once in this side of the Strait, I could pick it up anywhere.

    Thanks!

    Roberto

    in reply to: Strong volunteer needed for 1 day #20139
    Nick Heath

    Mission accomplished – thank you, John Drent!!Barge at Brewkwater

    in reply to: Strong volunteer needed for 1 day #20131
    Nick Heath

    Hey, I received 2 great offers right away, so those still hesitating can relax!

    in reply to: General Discussion #20130
    Nick Heath

    We lucky SKABC members have been offered the use of a small cabin owned by a club member on Gambier Island. Our Exec have accepted this open-ended, generous offer.  The little cabin needs its wood stove replacing  before we can use the cabin in colder weather and we have bought its 300 lb replacement and set it on a strong hand truck/dolly. All we need to do now is wait for the day when the local barge service is going to the site for other purposes (such as moving heavy equipment or lumber) and catch a nearly-free ride aboard with hopefully zero or little manhandling. There is an ATV ashore that can likely pull the stove to almost its final resting place at the cabin.

    Date – could be as soon as Tues 12 Oct or any weekday after.

    Time commitment – one full day.

    If you are interested please advise Nick Heath six 0 four 417 3 four  four 7 or treasurer2@skabc.org  of your availability.

    In reality, you will be the backup if needed –  our trusty machines should handle it almost all!

Viewing 15 replies - 2,296 through 2,310 (of 4,523 total)