- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by .
(I posted this yesterday on the short notice paddles forum but haven’t gotten any replies yet. I thought more people might see it if I put it in the general discussion forum, too.)
The forecast for this coming weekend (October 30 and 31) looks excellent, with sunshine starting Friday and lasting at least through Monday. I would like to do an overnight trip to one of the Howe Sound sites – probably Ramillies Channel, but it’s up for negotiation – and am looking for some company. The plan would be to launch from Porteau Cove at 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and to return early to mid-afternoon on Sunday.
The current forecast is for light to moderate winds but things can change quickly in Howe Sound so this is a paddle for intermediate paddlers, or above, who are comfortable potentially paddling in ten to fifteen knot winds and some whitecaps. The forecast high temperature is 10 degrees and the water is getting cold as winter approaches so you will need to be dressed for immersion and cool conditions. Depending on conditions, and what the group wants to do, we may paddle up to about fourteen nautical miles on one or the other of the days.
If you’re interested, please reply to this post, email me at email@example.com or text me at 778-235-9242. I’ll set up a Zoom call for Wednesday or Thursday evening so we can come up with a detailed plan that suits everyone.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.