Yuculta rapids

• Creator
    Topic
    Alistair Broadhead

Hi, I am planning kayaking through the Yuculta rapids from North to south, in July/ August this  year. Has anyone got personal experience of doing this and can offer me any good advice?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Rick Davies

Hi Alistair, this is Rick Davies

I can give you some details on both Dent and Yuculta rapids. Feel free to email rickdavies@telus. Net or call me on 604-519-0477 anytime. I’m in the Gulf Islands until tomorrow Sunday but this number is my mobile phone. These are both serious rapids but with care and planning it’s doable.

I look forward to hearing from you

Rick

Nick Heath

Hello Alistair,

I believe you are our only UK member. I guess you are planning a big expensive trip for 2022? Let’s hope travel restrictions will allow this to happen.

The triple rapid of the Yucultas is a key part of the Inside Passage route and, although it can be avoided, I consider it to be the preferred route between Johnstone Strait and the Strait of Georgia.

I know of only one current club member, Rick Davies, who has made the N-S transit by kayak. That was many years ago, although little will have changed here in the interim.

I did it in a power boat last year to check sites for overnight stops. This was part of my other volunteer role as Site Data Manager for BC Marine Trail Network Assn. I assume you are familiar with this organization and its web map?

I have  quite a lot of info, which I am v happy to share, so  email me preferably with specific questions, please, at treasurer2   at   skabc.org

Nick

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.