VHF-DSC(M) Radio Certification & Refresher

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Gilbert
    Participant

Hi everyone.  Hopefully everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

Couple of items to mention.  As Past President for Paddle Canada I can let you know that more information about running courses and clinics will be coming down the pipeline as of next week.  Stay tuned.  Currently everything is cancelled until May 31st.

Next, congrats to Katya and Bruce for obtaining their VHF-DSC(M) Radio certification.  They did their course on-line which was super easy (once I got Zoom figured out) and lots of fun.  Getting individual testing done was also fairly easy and quick.

My next VHF-DSC(M) Radio certification courses take place on Saturdays at 1:00 – 4:00PM.  The next dates are May 23rd and 30th.  Then June 6th and 13th.  If you are interested let me know.  Cost of the course is $145.00 plus $10.00 for mailing the manual out to you (unless you would like to pick it up from my place in Richmond).  The $145.00 pays for the manual, a 3 hour presentation; a 1 1/2 hour personal time slot for getting the testing done and you ROC certification upon successfully completing the course.  If you can only make it for another date or time please let me know and I will try to accommodate your request.  These courses are all to be done on-line.

Lastly, for those who already have their VHF-DSC(M) ROC but would like a refresher, let me know and I will try to accommodate these requests at no charge for club members.  It seems we get our ROC (which is good for life) but sometimes need a quick refresher to get back into the groove of using your radio properly and appropriately.  Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Cheers.  Mike G.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Quirine Schuyff

I’m very interested in a refresher course. I actually just pulled my book out yesterday to do a review for myself. (Before my course with you which is coming up!)

Nice of you to offer!

Quirine

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.