- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by .
The city of Vancouver has created a recreational waterway survey concerning non-motorized boating. If you use Vancouver waterways, e.g., English Bay or Coal Harbour, I encourage you to complete the survey. The survey will be open until August 14, 2017. Information from the City of Vancouver:
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation is developing a Waterway Recreation Strategy, to guide future planning relating to non-motorized boating activities, existing facilities and emerging waterfront opportunities for the next 10 years. Non-motorized boating activities include things like: canoeing, dragon boating, rowing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.
We want to better understand:
- What you value about Vancouver’s waterways;
- What activities you are doing and how often;
- What facilities, beaches and waterways are you using or would like to be using;
- Any barriers to participation;
- Your needs and challenges; and,
- Your priorities for improvement.
Share your thoughts on non-motorized boating and Vancouver’s waterways and facilities! Your feedback will help us as we develop preliminary recommendations to improve opportunities for, and the experience of non-motorized boating in Vancouver, while protecting and preserving our waterways.
If you are unable to click on the link above, please copy and paste the full URL below into your browser:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.