Space available for Weather course – May 27-28

• Creator
    Topic
    Kapila Jayaweera
    Participant

Still have space available for weather course happening on Saturday May 27-28 weekend.

Also several people planning on heading to Newcastle Island on Friday to spend an extra day at the camp site.

If you are interested joining this valuable training session, please check the course registration page for more info.

Thank You,

Kapila

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kapila Jayaweera

Hi Sarka,
    I email you weather course additional information letter your way to get an idea.
    I am planning to go on Friday 26th with few other people to have an extra day at Newcastle.

Walk on at 8:45am ferry from Horseshoe Bay. I can help if you can come on Friday.
    If not, I can link up with the other group taking Saturday 27th 8:45am ferry.

Either you can park car at Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal or Brechin boat launch 5 minutes away from Departure Bay ferry terminal. Their parking are inexpensive.

It is only 30 minutes paddle form Brechin boat launch to Newcastle Island camp site. Very nice Island, there are lots of paddling options or go for nice trail walks.

Sarka Lhotak

I would like to come but am struggling with the logistics because I would be on my own driving from Squamish, have never kayak-walked on the ferry, never been to Newcastle island. When are others going, which ferry, could I get a bit of help with the boat, either walking it on the ferry or parking in Nanaimo?

Thank you, Šárka

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.