SKABC use of funds

• Creator
    Topic
    Rob Leeson

SKABC Exec.

A great presentation by RMCSAR last meeting with some excellent reminders/tips for us kayakers.

I would to recommend the club give STRONG consideration to a SERIOUS DONATION  to RCMSAS knowing that they are volunteers and must canvass for all their funds.

Knowing that we have a “nickel” shy of $100,000 in the kitty let’s put those funds to work rather than simply accumulating they for ??????

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nick Heath

RMSAR seems like a good cause and running boats that cost $0.75M apiece can’t come cheaply, but my preference is to apply our funds specifically to the pursuit of kayak touring and ocean-based coastal recreation by small boat users. I’m talking, of course, of marine-access campsites.  We have many needs for modest funding to set up sites so that they are acceptable for short-stay camping.  For instance, Howe Sound has 7 overnight sites that lack any toilet at all. Apodaca Provincial Park on Bowen I remains virtually unused because there are no tent pads and no toilet there. We can fix this and benefit our sport! I think this could also be a draw for new members, particularly if the club also agrees to take on some active stewardship role for the sites in Howe Sound. Both BC Parks and MFLNRO are crying out for this kind of assistance from partner groups.  Other sports enthusiasts (e.g. mountain bike community) do this stuff all the time.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.