SKABC TRIPS 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Gilbert
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Allan Edwin and I (your Trips Committee) would like your input as to what trips you would like to see offered for 2021.  After all, you are our members and providing you with opportunities that you are keen to go do is just a win / win.

Our Trip Planning meeting is to take place in the early New Year so if you have some thoughts on this please send them along to either Allan or myself before the end of December, 2020.

We are looking for your direction for 1/2 day trips, full day trips, short 1 to 5 day overnights and longer expeditions (7 – 14 days).  As some people are working and needing to schedule 2021 holidays this is a good time to get this input – especially for the longer trips.  If you need ideas please go to SKABC’s Trips Header and click on “Locations” in the drop down list.  Or you might have an idea for someplace not on that list.

Our plan is to schedule the 2021 season as would normally be done providing our members with a full schedule.  Should Covid mean cancelling some planned trips then so be it but we want to try to provide as much opportunity as possible for people to get out on the water and enjoy some good paddles in some locations they want to see.

If you have been a Trip Leader in the past or would like to become a Trip Leader and lead trips in 2021 please let us know as we would love to have as many members as possible signed up (and trained) in that role.  Training / reviewing will take place in the new year.

So get hold of us with your “Trips” ideas so they might be included at our upcoming planning meeting.  No disappointments if we can help it!

Cheers, Allan & Mike

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Allan Edwin

Good morning paddlers! The responses are starting to come in now from our Trips Catalog survey.

Those kind enough to use the ‘Other’ item to provide suggestions, I have added your trips to the lists. No Marina, as fun as a club trip would be to the Baja or the Yukon, I had to set those aside.

Early polling results, overall leaders for each category:

Day Trips — Porteau Cove / Zorro Bay, Porteau Cove / Islet View
    Overnight Trips — S. Gulf Islands / Portland Island
    Expedition Trips — Port Hardy / God’s Pocket
    Activity Trips — Howe Sound / Camp Cooking Weekend **

** Most Votes Overall

Those who filled out the poll already, you may want to take a look again. The options may have changed.

Looking at the survey, I am now keen to know if people would be interested in going to a weighted vote mode. This is where you would not only select trips you would like to do, but put a value 1-3 to indicate which you would prefer most.

Let me know what you think so far.

Allan Edwin

More suggestions from George and Clark added to the list (and yes, we’ll get the classifications nailed down). Keep those ideas coming!

Clark asked if I give lessons in pun-ing. I do not. I’m merely .. dad to the bone. 😀

Allan Edwin

I know many of you are shopping for deals on gear this time of year (our winter of discount tent!). Now is also time to think about where you want to paddle when the days grow longer again.

Our inestimable Nick Heath suggested some additional areas of adventure for 2021. These are now appended to the catalog. Please wander over and take a look.

Allan Edwin

Thank-you Cynthia. Can you check out the Trips Catalog too? It would be nice to know what trips you’d like to join as well 🙂

Cynthia Materi

Hi,

I would be happy to lead day trips out of Deep Cove and/or Barnet Marine Park.  Could do several during the season.

Cynthia Rose Lee

Allan Edwin

Hello everyone! To make this process easier, we compiled a catalog of trips done by the club previously, along with some new suggestions, for you to choose from. The link below will take you to a form where you can  check off the ones you’d like.

You will be asked for your email address. This is so you can edit your answers if you want to.

https://forms.gle/koPc9PU1fkFNrjP5A

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.