safety class

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel Del Vecchio

I really like to get into the technical side when I start something new( most be the geek in me) . Looking around I found those online:

Repairs & Maintenance

Incident Management

Anyone know if such are offer here on this side of the pond??

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Philip Kubik

Hello Daniel,

In addition to Maureen’s excellent suggestions, there are incident management and rescues components in Paddle Canada Skills courses, primarily in level 2 and higher. The environment is increasingly dynamic as the level increases. Also the Pacific Paddling Symposium usually has such sessions; however this year’s symposium is already full.

Regards,

Philip

Maureen Benzon

Hi Daniel,

Skils.ca probably offer incident management with their guiding courses.

The best incident management courses I have done in dynamic water, have been with Body Boat Blade on Orcas Island (actually in Deception Pass, so easier to get to). Across the border unfortunately and USD, but well worth any training you do with them. I also did the same course with them at a Lumpy Waters symposium in Oregon. This is a really fun weekend with lots to choose from. Contact me personally if you would like more information.

Our trip leader course offers incident management in a group dynamic in a more general way

Cheers,

Maureen

Barry Dutour

Hi Daniel

I don’t know of any incident management courses locally although it may included in a small way in some advanced courses.  Same for the repair courses.  You might try asking these questions at  http://www.westcoastpaddler.com.  Regardless of the response it is a tremendous resource for kayaking on the west coast.

Barry

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.