Port Moody residents – help with parking knowledge please

• Creator
    Topic
    Quirine Schuyff
    Participant

I am asking if someone in Port Moody can check parking restrictions and time limits on Esplanade Ave.near the Boathouse at Rocky Point Park. (Photo below)

With our Big Brothers/Sisters event on June 3rd our volunteers need parking for the day. Last year we parked on Esplanade which was unlimited. I’d like to know if this option is still available to us.

If you could take a photo of the sign(s) and send them to me that would be great.

social2@skabc.org

Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kevin Amos
    Quirine Schuyff

Thank you!

I did hear about the station parking which is an option too. Our event is based on shifts so we will likely be moving cars at different points during the day. I also emailed the city of Port Moody with my concerns of lack of long term parking! Glad you did so too.

Charles Maundrell

Having recently attended a SKABC paddle in Port Moody at the Rocky Point area I also ran into parking issues. My experience was park parking for non-boat users, as well as street parking in the area was limited to 4 hours.

I wanted to share an exert of a response I received from the City of Port Moody’s parks department after I reached out to them with respect to the lack of longer-term parking.

“You may or may not be aware, but park users can drop off their kayaks at the short term drop off area located next to the pier (a designated areas is currently signed) and then park all day at the Moody Centre/West Coast Express lot, which is a 5 minute walk across the overpass. I believe the cost is $3 for the pay parking.”

Quirine Schuyff

Thank you to everyone for their input.

QS

John Leung

Just checked.  It is 4 hrs everywhere near the park and Esplanade Ave is car with trailer only.

Walter Aragon

Lately parking has been really busy at Rocky point area.

I sometimes park at the moody center sky train station  parking lot, it is 3 CAD for the full day. It is a short walk, 5 to 10 minutes.

https://goo.gl/maps/nXzhwwYfBY8k4cgh8

John Leung

I checked road sign last year.  That side of the street is technically for trailers.  I can re-check tomorrow.  But I moved my car last year.

Quirine Schuyff

Hey John:
    Did we not park all day along that side street near the kayak storage building? I don’t recall moving my car but maybe I did.

Thanks for the quick reply!

John Leung

Last year it is 4hr parking maximun everywhere.  You will need to move your car throughout the day.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.