Paddle Canada Level 1 Skills Course

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mike Gilbert.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Mike Gilbert
    Participant

Hi everyone.  I see this course is not on the training schedule so I thought I would offer space in the one I currently have scheduled for anyone interested.

It takes place the weekend of April 29/30 at Vanier Park in Vancouver.  Cost is $150.00 per person – a 40% discount off my regular price of $250.00 for SKABC members.

You will need to have all your own gear including:  kayak, paddles (2), sprayskirt, immersion gear (wetsuit or drysuit), footwear, PFD, whistle, Pump, throw bag or tow system.

The course goes from 0830 – 1630 hrs each day (8 hrs).  Bring your lunch and snacks.  It will cover:  Rescue and Re-Entry Skills (Solo, Assisted & towing); Paddle Skills and Technique (Launching & Landing, forward, reverse, sweep, stopping, draw strokes, low brace, stern rudder & edge control); and some excellent knowledge topics (equipment & care, communication, navigation, route planning, weather, sea state, risk assessment & mitigation, cold issues, sun safety and much more).

This is a course for beginners with some experience, those wanting Paddle Canada certification or those just wanting a really good review of their skills, technique and knowledge.  It is a jam packed course with focus on paddling and skills practice.  You will learn a lot on this course and it is well worth the club price being offered.

There are only 2 spaces left on this course.  It begins in about 4 weeks.  Book your space now.   Contact Mike Gilbert by e-mail at mgilbert1600@gmail.com or by cell  778-835-0774.

Mike has been a Paddle Canada Instructor and Instructor Trainer for many years.  He has his Level 4 Skills, his Level 3 Instructor and his Level 2 Instructor Trainer qualifications.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.