Non-paddling opportunity for naturalists

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick Heath
    Participant

Darlene and I did this in a previous year and we received an invitation to participate again in 2020.  I’m a bit slow posting this and perhaps the pandemic has forced changes recently, but here it is:

Brian Titaro, Metro Vancouver Parks’ Nat Resource Technician is seeking volunteers to help checking wildlife cameras in Widgeon Marsh Regional Park.

Spring monitoring dates are:

·         Tuesday April 14th

·         Tuesday May 12th

·         Tuesday June 9th

and there will be additional monthly dates until the end of October.

This is an all-weather, fairly rugged outdoor task that takes most of a day each time.

Pl contact Brian directly
    Brian Titaro <Brian.Titaro@metrovancouver.org>

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kapila Jayaweera

Got a confirmation from Metro Vancouver Parks indicating that this event will not proceed due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. They will provide further information once they reschedule this event.

Thanks everyone.

Nick Heath

Brian at GVRD has confirmed that these outings are cancelled or postponed indefinitely during the current pandemic.  You can likely get onto their e-mailing list for notifications if you interested in similar future opportunities or I’ll try to remember to post here instead.

Kapila Jayaweera

I would like to attend if participants can keep social distance according to Covid-19 restrictions. Not sure whether it is possible or even these events will go ahead. I will reach out to Brian to get his thought on this.

Allan Edwin

I was one of the lucky participants in last Saturday’s outing to Widgeon Marsh with Brian. One of the things he said to us was that there were a number of locations in the region under his care that were difficult to get to or water access only. Among them: Widgeon Marsh, Admiralty Point (Belcarra), and Thwaytes Landing. This was one reason why he was very happy to have SKABC step up to work in these areas.

I very much encourage every club member to target these opportunities to participate in caring for these wild spaces that we love so much.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.