New Member looking to join conservation and kayak trips

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kallie Cunningham.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Akhil Ramdoyal

Hello,

I am a new member to the club having recently moved to the Vancouver area (currently residing in Burnaby). I was looking to meet new people with similar (kayak and outdoors) interest. I at at the beginner level when it comes to formal kayak training but I have worked in the field and kayaked without training and thus consider myself more intermediate level. I do not yet own a kayak and can transit via metro, which I understand can be a limitation. My interests are conservation, and kayak explroation. My hopes are to: a) chart a course for some formal training this summer so I can join trips, b) join said trips that match my abilities, c) meet new members.

Kind Regards,

Akhil

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kallie Cunningham

Welcome Akhil,

I am the training coordinator. You should have received an email from me kcunningham.unsw@gmail.com or training2@skabc.org when you registered for the Beginner’s Course. You have also now heard by Cynthia Materi, the lead instructor.

Unfortuneately the Boat Handling and Rescues course filled up in the last two days. But if you are interested in this or any other course that is full, just send me a note requesting to be on the waitlist.  A number of clinics and a first aid course are being added over the next week or two. They are noted on the course page, but details haven’t been posted. The general forum will be used to alert members when details are available and when registration will open. If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.

PS – After the shoreline paddle the Spring Fling event is being held at Cates Park. Check out the website and register if you  would like to meet members.

Akhil Ramdoyal

Thank you for the comments and messages! I also realized I posted in Buy and Sell by mistake – I will follow a suggestion by a member to move this post to the General discussion.

Quirine Schuyff

Welcome!
    Be sure to check the calendar often as trips will be posted in an ongoing way through summer.  Many will be at Jericho beach and Rocky Point Park too.
    Also please feel free to reach out via the forums or email with any questions.

social2@skabc.org

Looking forward to seeing you on the water.

Admin

Welcome Akhil! I see you signed up for the Beginners Course — that’s a great start. We’re having a Shoreline Paddle May 6 from Cates Park where kayak rentals are available. Also there is a New Member Welcome Paddle June 4 at Rocky Point — kayak rentals are available at that location as well. Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.