- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by .
During this time of Covid and the difficulties it poses with us getting together I thought it might be fun to throw some questions out that might just need some research to find the correct answer(s), be thought provoking (ie. no real answers – just personal preference), or requires some calculations to come up with the correct answer(s). Looking to throw a quiz out once a week until the end of April. If this is not appropriate to do on the Forum let me know. Participate if you like. Share answers as you like. Have fun with it. Maybe gain a bit more knowledge?
Quiz 1 – Topic of Navigation (seeing as we are all trying to find our right direction during this time!)
1. What is the difference between True North, Grid North and Magnetic North?
2. How do you differentiate between Declination, Variation and Deviation?
3. List the differences between a marine compass and an orienteering compass.
4. Explain how each of the following is different: Bearing; Heading; Course
5. For the west coast of BC what is currently the typical number of degrees of declination (and to which direction) from True North?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.