Lord Byng Kayak Drop-in

• Creator
    Topic
    Tracey Pham

Has anyone been to Lord Byng pool during the public Kayak drop-in? I want to take a friend there to practice wet exit/rescue but not sure if I can bring my own kayak, which entrance to go through etc. Any practical tips you could share would be appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tracey Pham

Thanks for the info Philip!

Philip Kubik

Public kayak sessions at Byng pool are on Fridays from 8 PM until 9 PM from September through November and January through mid-June, cxcluding holidays. The cost for each session is $6.41 per person (including tax), assuming that you bring your own kayak. As Maureen mentioned, you can rent a kayak but there is an additional charge. A maximum of 12 kayaks are permitted in the pool. Registration is in-person only starting at 7:30 PM prior to each session. It is best to register shortly after 7:30 in order to ensure that you get in, although attendance has been sparse recently.

Tracey Pham

Great to know. Thank you Maureen!

Maureen Benzon

Hi Tracy, It is better to take your own kayak. They have a few there, but they are old style river boat without sprayskirts and paddles are fixed at 90 deg.

Please ensure your kayaks are free of sand. There is a hose in the corner if you need to wash it.

Have fun!

Maureen

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.