Labour Day Weekend

• Creator
    Topic
    Allan Edwin

Hello all! For those of you itching to get out for a kayak campout this summer with fellow club members, the club executive has agreed to hold our annual Labour Day Weekend at Newcastle Island again.

Labour Day this year is Monday, September 7. We will be reserving from Friday through Sunday night (Sep 4-6), with folk heading home on the Monday. A trip page for registration will be up shortly.

Please comment here to signal your interest and questions.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Allan Edwin

Hi Nicole. I emailed everyone signed up for this trip and let them know you’re looking.

Please don’t forget to register on the trip page itself! You will need to fill out the online waiver (if you haven’t already for the year) and answer the COVID-19 health status questions.

Nicole Beissner

If anyone has extra space in their vehicle and room for another kayak on their rack, please let me know and I will try to make it work. Thanks, Nicole 778 229-7941

Allan Edwin

Thank-you Jayne! Glad to have you along Clark. We hope your wife is feeling better soon.

We still have a few spaces left! Sign-ups will remain open for the next couple of days.

For those concerned about ferry reservations, consider walking your kayak onto the ferry at Horseshoe Bay. Brechin boat ramp is only a few hundred meters from Departure Bay ferry terminal in Nanaimo. It is only a 3o minute paddle around the south end of Newcastle Island to the eastern shore where we will be at Group Site #3.

Jayne Hardy

Hi Clark.  Let me know if you still need a ride.  I am planning on going Sept 4 and returning Sept 7 unless the weather is really bad.  My email address is jh99155@gmail.com.

Jayne Hardy

I am planning on going kayak camping at Newcastle Island on the Labor Day weekend.  I would like to meet up at Horseshoe Bay with others going if possible to make loading/unloading the boats and parking the vehicles a little easier.  I can leave anytime on Friday Sept 4 and I was planning on staying until Sept 7 unless the weather gets really bad.  My email address is jh99155@gmail.com.

Clark Perry-Bater

Hi all, I’d love to go on the weekend to Newcastle Island. My wife’s health won’t allow her to go, so I would need a ride for me and my kayak to and from Horseshoe Bay. Of course, I’m willing to do whatever possible to socially distance in the car. I live in Burnaby near Metrotown. Thanks. -Clark

Allan Edwin

Hello all! Hopefully you received an email about our coming club camp out on Newcastle Island in Nanaimo. I was excited to see the sign-ups this morning. We have plenty of spaces left. Get on the list ASAP!

Allan Edwin

Hello again! September is coming quickly and our opportunity to book the group campsite on Newcastle is slipping away. Despite the pandemic many of you have been out paddling. It would be great to meet up with you and share stories. Just as many have missed out out paddling this season and we would love for you to be able to get out on the water for at least one long weekend.

If you any questions, please post them here or email trips2@skabc.org

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.