Is there a place we should report to if we come across a dead seal?

  • Creator
  • #21618
    Karen Matier

    Paddling today we came across a dead seal by Admiral Point in Indian Arm. Is this something we should be reporting to some authority?

    Thank you for your time.

    Karen Matier

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #21632
    Karen Matier

    Thank you Kathy and Mike.

    I chatted with RAPP and was told  because it was a seal I was to  call the Department of Fisheries  “Observe Record and Report” line 1-800-465-4336.   I  did, you just leave a recorded message.


    Mike McHolm

    Google says “Report Sick or Dead Animals – Wildlife Health –”

    Call RAPP at 1 877 952-7277 for injured or distressed wildlife or wildlife interactions where public safety may be at risk.
    Office: 250 751-3234.
    Office: 250 751-3219.

    Kathy Romses

    You could try calling the Marine Mammal Rescue Centre 604-258-7325 (SEAL)



Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.