Hi I’m new!

• Creator
    Topic
    Claire Lordon

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Claire. I am a beginner kayaker and completed my Basic Sea Skills from Paddle Canada last year. I have a Oru Beach ST kayak that I’ve used for about a year now.

I’m mostly here for the easier trips, but I’m also considering taking a Paddle Canada Level 1 course.

Happy to be here and meet everyone.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Allan Edwin

Welcome! I hope you got out to the picnic. I missed it this year; sorry guys. Be sure to sign up for the Labour Day Weekend camp-out at New Castle in Nanaimo. It’s a great way to meet people in the club!

Claire Lordon

Hi Clark! Thanks for the kind offer. I’ve never kayaked there, but I hear it’s beautiful. I’m busy for the next few weeks but will probably reach out toward the end of July. Thanks!

Clark Perry-Bater

Welcome, Claire! Welcome to some of the best sea kayaking the world’s oceans have to offer. I’m on the club executive (outreach and promotions), and I’m a former Paddle Canada Level 1 instructor. If you want to get some day paddles in before you head out on some club trips, I’m free most days, especially for paddles in Indian Arm or Port Moody, since I live in Burnaby. Give me a call if you want – 604-434-2294.

Quirine Schuyff

Hi Claire!

Welcome to the club. Paddling with others on the posted trips is also a great way to learn as well as meet new folks to paddle with. The club often has great on water sessions for rescue practice etc.
    Also, the club picnic is a lot of fun in a great location and a nice way to introduce yourself to the group!
    Hope to see you on the water soon!

John Leung

Welcome to the group.  Hope you will get a chance to be on some of the trips posted.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.