Gaskets for Dry Suit

• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Cynthia Materi.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Cynthia Materi
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can get new gaskets put on my dry suit?  Would really appreciate any help.
    many thanks, Cynthia

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Cynthia Materi

Thanks so much to everyone!  Such great ideas and wonderful offers.  Now I have to get to work.

Yekaterina Yushmanova

Hi Cynthia, I bought mine directly from Kokatat last fall, I was replacing two sets and bought a couple of spares, so it was worth the shipping. If you are doing it yourself, I have Kokatat’s neck kit that makes it very easy and you are welcome to borrow. I used jars for the wrists.

Steve Best

I had the gaskets and dry socks on one of my drysuits replaced a year ago by Comox Kite Repairs https://comoxkiterepair.ca/

Very happy with the repairs. A gasket on my other drysuit just failed and I sent it off two days ago to CKR for repairs. Use a medium prepaid Canada Post box.

Clark Perry-Bater

Hi Cynthia, I’ve bought gaskets at MEC a few times. I just checked, and they still have them on their website https://www.mec.ca/en/product/1906-320/Latex-Neck-Gasket?org_text=gasket. You can call to see if they have any in stock.
    I’ve replaced the gaskets on my dry suit a few times. As long as you have some Aqua-Seal glue and  don’t mind making a mess, I found the process not too difficult. I used a large balloon to keep the neck open when I replaced that gasket. I might’ve used a lightbulb or something similar in the wrist and ankle gaskets. If you want any other info or help with it, give me a call – 604-434-2294

Kelly Robertson

My experience is with diving drysuits.  Brooks is a local manufacturer and they used to service other brands, but I don’t know if they still do.  I would also assume that most dive shops would offer the service.  The manufacturer of your drysuit may also have recommended service providers.  The last option is to do it yourself, but it involves nasty chemicals.

Graham Lorimer

Nikki Rekman in Chilliwack did a good job of installing gaskets in my suit a few years ago.   Not sure if she still is providing this service.

Her email address is info@rekman.ca

Catherine Ostler

I recently had a wrist gasket replaced at Coast Outdoors in North Van.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.