Engage in Conservation for March 2016

• Creator
    Topic
    Roxanne Rousseau

Hello and greetings from Roxanne, Conservation Chair with SKABC – our next social gathering will be Tuesday March 22, 2016 at 7pm at Zawa’s Restaurant on Commercial Drive. Hope you can come for a lively discussion on themes that matter to club members. Discussion on leave no trace camping and thanks to Alison for starting a conversation. We will talk about best practices as another topic for the night. As a member how do you feel about the use and effect of microbeads in our waters – thanks to Karin for sending in a link to: http://www.ecojustice.ca. Check the site out and the information on micro-beads. There is a lot of passion on shoreline cleanups and thanks to Reed and Jonathon who have contributed to this conversation.  Let’s continue the talk!! Action can be part of our planned kayak trips! See you soon and let me know if you can join us at Zawa’s.  Roxanne

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Reed Clarke

I’ll be there.

Sandy Rubin

Hi all,

I will be at the meeting March 22.  For those of you concerned about LNG in Howe Sound check out the media statement from My Sea to Sky at myseatosky.org in response to the federal approval of the Woodfibre LNG environmental assessment.

Nick Heath

Thanks for keeping this rolling, Roxanne! I’m unable to attend but hope you have a lively one.

I have been trying for some time on the Exec to get attention paid and revisions made to our Camping Guidelines course handout and our official Gear List.  I feel both of these should be sent to each new member and widely distributed to all other members, but only after some critical changes have been made to bring them into line with current LNT principles. I’d be happy to share my ideas wit the group for kicking around.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.