- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by .
Good morning, I stumbled on a change to camping in the Broken Group last weekend and thought others might be interested. You now need a National Park Pass, a camping permit, and a reservation. The info below is from the Parks Canada Website. https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/activ/visit4c/activ4
<h3>National Park Entry Pass</h3>
All visitors to Pacific Rim NPR are required to have a valid National Park Entry Pass at all times while they are visiting the national park reserve. The exception is youth (17 years of age and younger) who have free entry into all of Parks Canada’s places. This means that in addition to requiring a valid Broken Group Islands Backcountry Camping Permit, all visitors 18 years of age and older are also required to have a valid National Park Entry Pass.
The revenue from national park entry fees remains within the Coastal BC Field Unit to support the services and facilities that all visitors enjoy (including campsite facilities and amenities, visitor safety, signs, programs, etc.). The Broken Group Islands Backcountry Camping Permits do not include the national park entry fees, so you need to have a valid camping permit and a valid National Park Entry Pass at all times.
<h3>Backcountry camping permits and fees</h3>
Anyone camping in the Broken Group Islands must have a backcountry camping permit. Backcountry camping permits are $9.80 per person per night from May through September. Backcountry camping permits are only available through the Parks Canada Reservation System. No spaces will be available for stand-by (first come first serve).
To reserve call 1-877-RESERVE or visit http://www.reservation.pc.gc.ca. Reservations are available on January 8, 2018 at 8 a.m. PST. Payment can be made by VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
When making a reservation, have the following ready:
- Preferred camping dates – first choice and alternate date
- Preferred camping locations – preferred and alternate islands
- Point of access location; where you will begin paddling from
- Number of campers in your group (maximum group size is 12)
- Email address to send confirmation and information to
- Means of payment: Visa, MasterCard or American Express
I have no idea how fast they will fill up, but I’d book early.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.