Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Paddle June 15 Call out for Volunteers

• Creator
    Topic
    Calvin Sam
    Participant

SKABC will be looking at hosting Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Paddle once again tentatively on Saturday June 15th out at Deep Cove. It will run from 0900 to 1800h.

This is a worthwhile cause. We need volunteer paddlers that can simply accompany the big & little ones who will be paddling doubles. There will be 3 shifts @ 0900h, 1200h, 1500h. You can volunteer for one shift, two shifts or all three shifts.

If you can volunteer, please contact Calvin Sam outreach@skabc.org 604.561.7629

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Calvin Sam

Call out to SKABC Members. Have nothing planned on Saturday June 15th but you would love to be on the water.

We are still looking for one additional paddler for the Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Paddle. We have 3 shifts available still  for 0900h, 1200h, 1500h.

Please reach out to me Calvin 604.561.7629 outreach@skabc.org

Thanks

Calvin Sam

What a sunny day !

Bring some sunshine to a youngsters heart by helping out at the Big Brothers/ Big Sister Paddle on Saturday June 15th. I am still looking for one paddler to cover off at 0900h & 1200h shift.

Please get in touch with me at 604.561.7620 or outreach@skabc.org

Thanks

Calvin, Outreach & Promotions Officer

Maureen Benzon

Calvin should also have told you that this is a fun day, and so rewarding to see the delight on the kids faces when a seal pops up, and the low tide group are amazed at the sea stars (which are returning!). Pizza and fruit are served to the matches when they return and there is plenty for volunteers too. skabc generously pays for the pizza and the rental of 4 double kayaks for the day. All you need to supply is your own boat and a good attitude.

This has become an annual event and so popular that the organisations always have a wait list.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.