Bain Creek Outhouse Construction

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Cameron Redenbach.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Allan Edwin

Hello all – another update on the on-going construction of a composting outhouse at Bain Creek, Howe Sound. Photos and text here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g9NE51JQ2wxEAovH7

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Cameron Redenbach

great Work everyone !!

special thanks to nick and Steve for all the hard work.

cheers

cam

Allan Edwin

Well done ML Team and volunteers! It’s a little frustrating that we can’t go out there and see it right now, but looking forward to exactly that when we get the all clear to go outside again.

Mick Allen

Congratulations to all for supporting and constructing this amazing addition to a fantastic paddling area close to home!

Nick Heath

Thanks to you wonderful SKABC volunteers, the Bain Ck mouldering toilet is now complete – well,  actually more-or-less complete except for signage and some minor stuff. It has also been initiated in its mouldering functions and compost should be all that remains in a year or two.

Steve and I were able to avoid getting too close to each other, drove in separate cars, sat at opposite ends of my 5.5 m boat and, if he worked outside, I worked inside, so I don’t think we were too irresponsible in making two work visits in the past couple of weeks.

However, as soon as we finished it, we closed it again under instructions from RSTBC – all their Rec Sites are now closed to overnight use and the facilities at each  are closed to users. When the pandemic restrictions are lifted, I’ll be interested in seeing if this quiet tucked away site gets more use and if our lovely outhouse performs well.

It was never difficult getting volunteers, even though the days were often long,

[caption id="attachment_18275" align="alignnone" width="225"] Bain Ck toilet – finally finished![/caption]

due to the relative remoteness. It makes me proud to be a SKABC member. Pat yourselves on the back! (Stay safe and healthy – so no group hugging please!)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.