Advice for “new” kayak for me

• Creator
    Topic
    Quirine Schuyff
    Participant

I’m in the market for a new (to me) boat and would very much value some advice and feedback. I haven’t paddled anything other than my Delta 17 for a few years  now. I’d like to upgrade to something a bit better suited to my size, and with better performance.

Main features I want:

– light weight – must be able to lift it on my own

– more fitted to my size

– faster than the Delta

– better turning than the Delta

– better performance in varied waters

– fits enough gear for multi day adventure

There is a Luna I’m going to have a look at, so would appreciate thoughts on that.

If you hear/see anything that might be suitable let me know!

thanks,

Quirine

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    John Halliday

NDK Echo

member Deb Merchant has one.

Kevin Amos

To me trying out different boats you get to see what you like and feels good on the water. I was a member at Ecomarine when they existed and tried a lot of different boats. Also, tried some at Club Locarno even though I wasn’t a member. Club Locarno also sells off some of there fleet yearly and a club member got a good deal on a Atlantis. Coast Outdoors was also doing Demo Days recently too.

Katie Meredith Kovacic

Luna might be a great fit. Try out something with hard chines too and see which you enjoy more, maybe an Atlantis MisT. My old necky is a very similar shape and I really enjoy how it performs in rougher water and edge turning.

I also tried out a 16ft Nimbus Njak and really loved how nimble and smooth it was. Only downside for me is I’m too used to high volume packing so the storage was a little small for me.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.