Reply To: 2020 – Trips Launch

Allan Edwin

Welcome to March everyone! There was a gale warning on Georgia Strait yesterday, so keep your fingers crossed — in a like a lion, out like a lamb.

Space is still open for our first Stewardship/Conservation day to Widgeon Creek next weekend (Mar 14). Contact Katya Yushmanova for more info.

Philip Kubik is leading a day trip around English Bay in a couple of weeks (Mar 22). Time to get the cobwebs out people. Registration is now open.

Bob & Graham have now posted their popular Mentored Trip for Beginners/Intermediate paddlers starting on multi-day trips. They will be taking 4 paddlers out to the Broken Group Islands the last week of May. Prospective participants must provide a cover letter and participate in a pre-trip paddle. Registration opens Monday.

Jayne Hardy & Lorraine Sharpsteen have posted a multi-day trip to Desolation Sound for the last week of June. Space is limited and bribery is not an option. There may be a talent competition. I recommend practicing with your ukuleles. Registration opens Monday.

Finally, I am planning a multi-part series for intermediate paddlers to explore Howe Sound — South, Central, and North. Each trip will be a weekend trip, paddling 10-15 NM each day. These trips are for intermediate paddlers to test their skills over longer days and varied wind conditions. First trip (1/3) will be posted shortly, either Mar 14/15 or Mar 28/29. If you are interested in participating as a leader/co-leader/paddler, please let me know.