Reply To: Harrison River – October 26

Allan Edwin

Hello all!

I have been checking the weather forecast and right now it’s saying there will be a clear period before the weekend and then a new system arriving on Saturday with rain. We are still 6 days out, so keep your fingers crossed for no rain or even some blue sky for next Saturday.

Currently the No Go condition is wind over 10 KTS. The first 20-30 minutes of paddling is across the south end of Harrison Lake and it can be tough slogging to get out to and around Whipporwill point for new paddlers. It does not look like that will be a problem. I will be keeping an eye on it.

Your pod leaders will have contacted you on email by now. You should know what Pod your are in (A, B, C, D), who your pod leader is, and what time you need to be at Harrison Lake to drop your boat with your pod.

Now is the time to arrange a ride if you need to carpool with anyone. Post here or contact your pod leader.

Please update your pod leader with the following for your pod float plan:

  • Emergency Contact & Phone #
  • Vehicle description & Plate or your carpool info
  • Medical info – ICE (In Case of Emergency)

I am also asking for anyone planning to stop in at the Sasquatch Inn afterwards to let me know that you plan to do that.

Finally, we still have a few spots open due some folks having to cancel. If you are wanting to come along, please register ASAP. I am closing registrations tomorrow night.