W Ballenas I visit

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick Heath
    Participant

I have the opportunity through BC Marine Trails Coastal Caretaker initiative to paddle to W Ballenas (from Vancouver I) before it is open to  the public. Currently it is owned and managed by the BC Parks Foundation and is expected to become a BC Marine Park in due course.

“Each (CC) volunteer is asked to commit to visiting Ballenas for one or two days between mid-June and the end of August. We ask volunteers to select a week that works best with their schedule and then to choose the best day or days during that week to visit West Ballenas. As one of the privileges of volunteering, Coastal Caretakers for West Ballenas Island may camp on the island overnight while carrying out their duties.”  These duties are the VOICE points described by Karina Younk at last Monday’s meeting. As I understand, there is nothing onerous.

I’m thinking of 2-3 days (1-2 nights) some time between 19 – 25 June, weather-dependent.  One or two companions would be nice. B3 paddling short distance about 3.5 NM, depending on chosen launch site.. Roughish camping.

treasurer2(at)skabc.org

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Heather Kirk

I know you already know this but this s my official notice that I would like to join in on this.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.