Trip Report – and a big thank you

• Creator
    Topic
    Sam North

Hi

I joined SKABC earlier this year from Australia as I was coming to BC with my son, Ben, for an extended trip and wanted to meet and hopefully paddle with some local sea kayakers.

George Prevost answered my post and was kind (and trusting) enough to take on Ben and I and host us for a fortnight of paddling in the Broughton Archipelago and God’s Pocket in July. We were joined on those trips, firstly, by Heather Kirk and then by Robin Macqueen.

Ben and I had a wonderful time. This would not have been possible without George’s assistance as well as his, Heather and Robin’s company. So I am writing now, belatedly, to say a very big thank you to George for all he did for Ben and I. Also a big shout out to Heather and Robin for coming along and being such good company.

I have managed to write up a report of the two trips and added a few photos if any members are interested in reading about the trips. You can find the reports in a couple of blog posts at the link below.

https://north-america-trip.travellerspoint.com/

Ben and I are currently in California having a look around, but will be back in Vancouver the first week of November to fly out 7 November. Depending on weather and our timing, we may get ourselves organised for a day paddle (easy/beginner) before we fly. If we do, I will post to this forum to let members know.

regards

Sam North

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.