Ski Blackcomb Thursday March 9th?

  • Creator
  • #12917
    Michelle Vandenbroek


    I heard there are several skiers among us kayakers!

    Whistler has been receiving lots of snow! The forecast says it might ease down a bit on Thursday. How about a midweek ski day to avoid the lift lines?

    We will be skiing ungroomed black runs. Please join me if this is your ski level.

    We will meet for carpool at the St. Davids Church and leave for Whistler at 7:00am. Please pay your driver $15-20 when you get into the vehicle. Most people like to stay until lift closing; enjoy a bit of aprés-ski and avoid rush hour traffic on the way home. Keep this in consideration before you agree to carpool.

    The 7-11 in Squamish sells reduced lift tickets!

    This event is also posted on two Meetup sites

    For the latest weather forecast:

    Michelle V.   604-522-3585


Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #12920
    Randy Chatterjee

    Drat.  I’d so like to go.  Far to many things to cancel that day, but I’ll be there in spirit.  I hope it’s cold enough up there to enable that Whistler rarity: powder skiing.  Next week I’m certainly going to take a day or two to Mt Baker; looking at Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.