Ski Blackcomb Thursday March 9th?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Randy Chatterjee.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Michelle Vandenbroek

Hey,

I heard there are several skiers among us kayakers!

Whistler has been receiving lots of snow! The forecast says it might ease down a bit on Thursday. How about a midweek ski day to avoid the lift lines?

We will be skiing ungroomed black runs. Please join me if this is your ski level.

We will meet for carpool at the St. Davids Church and leave for Whistler at 7:00am. Please pay your driver $15-20 when you get into the vehicle. Most people like to stay until lift closing; enjoy a bit of aprés-ski and avoid rush hour traffic on the way home. Keep this in consideration before you agree to carpool.

The 7-11 in Squamish sells reduced lift tickets!

This event is also posted on two Meetup sites

For the latest weather forecast: http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/mid

Michelle V.   604-522-3585   mich_broek@hotmail.com

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Randy Chatterjee

Drat.  I’d so like to go.  Far to many things to cancel that day, but I’ll be there in spirit.  I hope it’s cold enough up there to enable that Whistler rarity: powder skiing.  Next week I’m certainly going to take a day or two to Mt Baker; looking at Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.