Shingle Bay N Pender I

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick Heath
    Participant

Parks Canada opened this site in 2015, but so far I have not stayed there or even set foot on it.  I’d be interested to hear from members who have been there.  Parks Canada might also like any feedback.  Sometimes park planners get it wrong when they put in kayak-access sites (e.g. Sandstone Ledge on Galiano I, Bold Head in Desolation Sd)  but, from the photos I’ve seen,  this one seems like it should work well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nick Heath

Thanks bob,

That’s what I hoped to hear. I wonder how the reservations work and if that would be a good way to organize a club trip? It is only about 4.5 NM from Village Bay on Mayne I, so one could start and finish from this site and maybe go to one or two others in the following days in a circular tour around this super area, without any need bringing over cars. Unfortunately, there is no suitable launch at Otter Bay, which is much closer.

Bob Salo

Easy access from the water landing or launching.  The beach is protected by a rocky headland.  The campsite is accessible by car and can be busy on weekends.  Designated campsites have gravel tent pads and are reservable.  Lots of grass between sites.  New clean outhouse on site.  Great views to the west – Saltspring island and Vancouver island.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.