Event: Festival Afloat Salish Sea Tour

• Creator
    Topic
    Jody Chan

Kayak event: Floating Concert on the water

On Thursday, July 7th, RAVEN & SCOUT is kicking off our first show for Festival Afloat Salish Sea Tour in the waters just off Jericho Beach, Featuring Juno Nominee Desirée Dawson. Paddlers will again surround the Providence, a gorgeous wooden sailing ship that will serve as the ‘stage’ for the evening’s performance. Tickets are free or by donation.

We’re raising money for Heiltsuk and Gitxaała Nation.
    Heiltsuk Nation aims to enshrine ocean stewardship values into law. Meanwhile, Gitxaała Nation is taking B.C. and several mining companies to court over mineral claims.

Bring your canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard or rowboat to launch at Jericho Beach or paddle over from Spanish Banks, Kits Beach or False Creek. It’s summertime parking, so plan to arrive early and go for a swim or paddle before the 7:00 pm start time. We’ll have facilitators helping load and unload boats and direct traffic.

Featuring:
    Desirée Dawson is a recording artist, songwriter, producer and yoga teacher. Desiree was born, raised and is currently residing in the occupied, traditional, unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ / sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) nations (also known as “Vancouver BC”) and can often be found sharing her music internationally. Desirée is of mixed ancestry; her mother French-Canadian settler ancestry is from “Ontario ” and her father is of African descent from “South Carolina ”. Desiree is very passionate about music’s role in collective healing by encouraging listeners to find a connection within themselves and the people and land around them. Whether performing solo with her baritone Ukulele, in harmony with her band or leading sound healing workshops, Desirée’s music is made to get us feeling and healing.

Looking forward to a fun floating fundraiser with you!

For more information and to register, visit:
    https://fundraise.raventrust.com/event/festival-afloat-the-salish-sea-tour-vancouver/e402592

Thanks,
    Jody C

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Quirine Schuyff

Perfect! I’m a bit early so will paddle until I see you at the waters edge.

Jody Chan

I’ll look out for you. I have a yellow Delta and will launch near Trimble at 5:30 – 6:oopm.

Quirine Schuyff

I’m thinking of going this eve if anyone else is interested.  I need to get her my gear and grab food and snacks and then I should be there around 5pm to get ready and launch around 5:30.   Hopefully!
    my boat is at Jericho so I’ll be getting ready at the waters edge right by Jericho kayak center.

Jody Chan

I’m hoping to bump into the evening paddle group to say ‘hi’. Planning a short paddle and then listening to some entertainment if anyone wants a super low key evening.

Vincent Law

Sounds pretty awesome. I’ll probably launch from the ‘Locarno Beach Trimble Street Parking Lot’

Thx for posting Jody!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.