Duke Point Ferry Terminal

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick Heath
    Participant

Has anyone experience successful or otherwise of launching or retrieving kayaks to take the Duke Point ferry? I’ve looked at it before and rejected immediate area landings near the dock, partly because of security fencing and partly because of steep rock shelves, but I’m curious about more distant landings, say on the other side of the point in the Nanaimo estuary or further S in Northumberland Channel, using wheels to pull boats perhaps 1 km by road to the terminal.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nick Heath

This is a follow-up. We now have a viable way to get to and from the water from the Duke Pt BC Ferries terminal. This opens up numerous car-free loop options from Tsawwassen. See the BC Marine Trails web map for details. You need a cart, of course and it is not exactly easy, but it could work for you.  Darlene and I (with a little help) managed to bring our mighty 6.1 m Osprey Tandem kayak home this way from Newcastle I at the end of our 6 day trip from Salt Spring!

Many thank to brave SKABC members Kevin Hall and Jennifer Illsley-Hall for acting as trusting pioneers, based on sketchy details from someone (me) they had never even met!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.