- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by .
We are thrilled to invite you to an exclusive Zoom presentation by Dr. Gordon Giesbrecht, a renowned expert on hypothermia and cold water survival. Dr. Giesbrecht’s extensive knowledge and experience make him a leading authority in the field, and his presentation promises to be both informative and potentially life-saving.
Presentation Topic: Cold Water Survival and Essential Knowledge for Kayaking in Cold Temperatures
Date and Time: Monday, January 8th, 7:00 PM
Dr. Giesbrecht will delve into the crucial aspects of cold water survival, particularly focusing on the essential knowledge required when kayaking in cold temperatures. Whether you’re an experienced kayaker or a novice, this presentation will provide valuable insights on how to navigate and enjoy cold water activities safely.
Key Points of Discussion:
- Understanding the risks associated with cold water exposure
- Essential gear and clothing for cold water kayaking
- Techniques to support others and potentially save yourself in unexpected situations
- Receive the latest Cold Card resource to print and use in the assessment and treatment of hypothermia in the wilderness
How to Join: The Zoom meeting link is posted on our website homepage, or click here. The presentation is open to all members of our community, so feel free to invite friends, family, and fellow outdoor enthusiasts to join this insightful session.
Please Note: Our Zoom meeting is limited to the first 100 people that join.
We encourage everyone, especially those involved in water-based activities, to participate in this unique opportunity to learn from one of the foremost experts in the field. Dr. Giesbrecht’s engaging presentation promises to be an eye-opener and a valuable resource for enhancing safety on the water.
Don’t miss out on this chance to gain essential knowledge that could make a significant difference in cold water emergencies. We look forward to your virtual presence on January 8th at 7:00 PM.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.