When: June 25, 2023 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This practice session offers members the opportunity to practice their skills for the summer 2023 paddling season. It will be facilitated by 3 SKABC members.
Date: Sunday June 25, 2023 from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Launch at Whytecliff Parkand
- Paddle to Bachelor Bay to practice rescues and rolling
- Past exposure to wet exists and re-entry
- Kayak with spray deck and all safety equipment, wet/dry suit mandatory
- Paddle float and ant other aides you use
- Gloves, toque, and booties recommended
- Goggles, nose plug are optional, and may help to increase your comfort
- Bring lunch and water along in your boat
- If you wish to practice any particular rescue, or rolling, please indicate this in the comment section below
- Please arrive early so we are ready to launch at 9:00 am. Meet with kayaks on the grass
- NOTE: additional practice sessions are being planned and will be announced when confirmed.
Facilitators: Facilitated by Maureen Benzon, Peter Kearney, Ted Lam
Coordinator: Kallie Cunningham
Fees: Free (this is a practice session, not a course)
Limit: 8 participants
7060 Marine Dr
West Vancouver, BC
- Jim Dh
- Eva Andersson
- Kallie (Kathleen) Cunningham
- Devon Page
- Jonas Lindgren
Spaces Available: 3
Sign up:By signing up I understand that per club policy I am responsible for having the skills, health, ability and equipment to participate safely in the activity. I also understand that I am responsible for notifying the organizer about any physical or mental impairment or medical condition that could interfere with my ability to participate fully in the activity and/or create a safety concern for the group.
Don't see the form or Paypal button? Make sure you are logged in and have renewed your membership so that you can book this event.