When: June 2, 2023 until June 4, 2023 from 5:30 PM - 5:00 PM
We're FULLY BOOKED for this event! Contact the coordinator to join a waitlist.
Remote First Aid is practical, hands-on training designed for casual campers or day hikers. Gain the confidence you need to make informed decisions in emergencies when rescue is hours away! Coast Wilderness Medical Training will be customizing the course to scenarios that kayakers may experience. Rather than rigid protocols, the focus is on giving you skills that you can rely on. You can expect immersive training, simple but effective techniques, and the confidence to manage emergencies wherever they occur, with whatever you have at hand.
CPR C with AED is built into the course. Upon successful completion of the course, you will have your Remote First Aid certificate with CPR C and AED and you will qualify for a 20 hour upgrade to Wilderness First Aid.
At the time of registration with Coast Wilderness Medical Training there will also be an opportunity to sign up for an optional 3 hr online Emergency First Aid certificate which is OFA – 1 Equivalent.
Instruction by: Coast Wilderness Medical Training https://www.wildernessfirstaidtraining.ca/rfa
Instructor: Straun Wefer https://www.wildernessfirstaidtraining.ca/instructors
Course Coordinator: Kathleen Cunningham firstname.lastname@example.org
Limit: Maximum 12. Minimum 8.
Fees: Discounted fees for this SKABC member only offering are:
- $314 + GST for Remote First Aid
- $39 + GST for optional 3 hr online Emergency First Aid certificate
Course Schedule and Locations:
- Friday June 2nd: 5:30-9:30 pm at #209-8168 Granville St (indoors)
- Saturday and Sunday, June 3 and 4: 9 am – 5 pm in Pacific Spirit Park (UBC)
Course Outline: A general outline of the course is available here. RFA CURRICULUM OUTLINE – To be adapted by Coast Wilderness Medical for SKABC Kayak group Jun 2023
This outline will be adapted for our SKABC kayak group. On Friday evening the group will also discuss their priorities for the rest of the weekend.
Registration Process: Please note that this is a 2-step process
- SKABC members will confirm interest in the course by first registering with SKABC.
- We have met the minimum of 8 participants. These members and subsequent members who have registered have been directed to register with Coast Wilderness Medical Training directly and make payment to confirm their spots.
- We will continue to receive registrations until we have the maximum of 12. A waitlist will then be started should someone need to withdraw for any reason and to help facilitate substitutions if required.
- A cross club inivitation to join this course to help ensure a full course will be circulated the week of May 8 if the course has not been filled by SKABC members.
If a registrant needs to cancel, Coast Wilderness Medical Training’s cancellation policy applies as follows:
- Refunds, less a 5% credit card processing fee will be made if cancellation is at least 14 days before the course starts.
- If cancellations are within 14 day of the course date, refunds are not available, but substitutions or rescheduling will be permitted.
NOTE: If the number drops below 8 before the 14 day cut-off, the course may be cancelled at Coast’s discretion and refunds will be offered, less the 5% credit card processing fee.
- George Prevost
- Kevin Hall
- Marika Green
- Taran Marcuzzi
- Kelly Robertson
- Laurel Brewster
- Limor Friedman
- Sara Scott
- Thomas Bader
- Nick Heath
- Andy Leathem
- Jim Ross
Spaces Available: 0
Sign up:By signing up I understand that per club policy I am responsible for having the skills, health, ability and equipment to participate safely in the activity. I also understand that I am responsible for notifying the organizer about any physical or mental impairment or medical condition that could interfere with my ability to participate fully in the activity and/or create a safety concern for the group.
Don't see the form or Paypal button? Make sure you are logged in and have renewed your membership so that you can book this event.