When: May 3, 2022 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
We're FULLY BOOKED for this event!!
If you would like to be added to the WAIT LIST for this trip, please email the organizer.
And: May 10, 2022 from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
This is a two-part workshop for trip leaders, or those who wish to become trip leaders.
Are you interested in leading SKABC day trips or overnight paddles, but are not sure of all that it entails? This workshop will help you organize your trip and manage potential risks.
Tuesday, May 3: Trip Organization
- how to post a trip
- resources available
- managing the expectations of trip participants
- trip contracts
- vetting trip registrants
- preparing a float plan
- responsibilities of the float plan holder
- pre-trip meetings and paddles
- pre-launch discussion
- whether to cancel a trip due to weather
- writing a trip reportTuesday May 10th: Risk management on trips
- define risk – your risk vs mine
- how to manage risk
- probability vs consequence
- working through some possible scenarios
To register, or if you have any questions, email Kelly, the Workshop Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Maureen Benzon
Coordinator: Kelly Robertson email@example.com
Location: Blueridge, North Vancouver
North Vancouver, British Columbia
- Helen Beer
- Kathy Romses
- Steve Best
- Kallie (Kathleen) Cunningham
- Jayne Hardy
- Debra Merchant
Spaces Available: 0
Fill this out to register --this information will help our coordinators.Don't see the form or Paypal button? Make sure you are logged in and have renewed your membership so that you can book this event.