Benefits of SKABC Membership
Many SKABC members are experienced kayakers who share their knowledge and skills with the club, supporting beginner and intermediate paddlers in club activities. You will find us via club trips, courses, social events, forums and the member directory -- offering advice and opportunity for small "buddy" trips.
SKABC membership has these benefits to offer:
- club trips, courses, social events and conservation activities
- monthly club meetings featuring guest speakers via Zoom
- email updates on topics of interest to club members.
- discounts at selected businesses, including discounts on boat rental
- access to the SKABC Newsletter archive for trip ideas and information
- access and participation in discussions on the General Discussion, Buy & Sell and Short Notice Paddles forums
- access to the Member Directory
- opportunities to become involved in organizing and running SKABC events–furthering your kayaking and leadership skills
A note: most SKABC trips are suited for paddlers in sea kayaks 13+ feet in length. Unfortunately there are limited offerings for paddlers in play boats / recreational kayaks.
The Membership year runs January - December. Those who join in Oct/Nov/Dec are given the courtesy of having their membership rolled over to following year. Signing up in September? Note that your membership will expire December 31 of that same year!
Individual Membership: $45 per year
Family Members: an extra $10 per year.
Add your family members' email addresses when you register so they can sign up for $10. The $10 covers any and all family members living in the same household as the person who took out membership (referred to as the Primary Family Member).
More about joining SKABC as a family:
Family members' profiles are linked by email address. Note that EACH individual family member must register with SKABC by clicking the Join SKABC button below and agree to the Waiver of Liability.
- The first family member to join registers as the Primary Family Member and provides the email addresses of additional family members who will join SKABC. The Primary Family Member pays a $45 fee.
- Each additional family member must then register with SKABC, indicate that they are a Family Member, and reference the email address of the Primary Family Member.
- The second family member to join pays the additional $10 family fee (for a total of $55).
- Other family members may join SKABC without further payment.
Tip: If you are having trouble linking your accounts, check that the spellings of your email addresses match.
Because kayaking can be a risky sport, you must agree to the following when you sign up as a member:
- Assumption of Risk
- Statement of Member Responsibilities
- Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
Click the button to join us.
Already a current member or did your membership expire in the last few years? Don't click the Join button! Log in and go to the For Members page to renew.
If you have questions about membership or joining the club, please contact the Membership Coordinator.