Looking to meet new people and also give back in the new year? Join the SKABC Executive as the Secretary. It's a Directorship and an important job in keeping the club running smoothly!
The Executive meets once a month on a weekday evening. Once or twice a year there may be a weekend planning session and/or special director's meeting. Being the Secretary, and would coordinate with other Execs on the following:
- Ensure that minutes are kept (recorded, presented, amended, approved) of Exec (Directors) and General meetings.
- Coordinate to post minutes on the web site
- Maintain official records and documents of the Association except those required to be kept by the Treasurer, President or the Membership Officer. All official documents are to be kept digitally and maintained on a a website accessible to other members of the executive or for approved minutes, to all members and are updated by the appropriate executive.
- Issue notices of meetings of the Association and the Executives and prepare agendas for those meetings.
- Perform actions necessary to maintain the good standing of the Association in compliance with statutes and other legal requirements.
- Liaise with Association Standing Committees (Nominations Committee, Silver Paddle Award Committee)
- Cause a review of official club policy documents in conjunction with the President, Safety Officer, and the appropriate Executive or Committee Chair.
- Misc correspondence.
Contact Susan at email@example.com asap to find out more about this position!