Remember: always log-in when visiting the SKABC website, for full access to members-only information.
June 5 Meeting: Favourite Kayak Trips
Join us Monday, June 5, 2017 at the Sunrise Community Centre, 1950 Windermere St., Vancouver.
Members will share information about one of their favourite Kayak trip destinations – why go, things to know, logistics to consider and resources to help plan. If you have a trip you want to share with club members at this meeting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details, see Favourite Kayak Trips.
Wanted: Volunteers for SKABC booth @ Paddlefest
June 17, 2017
Every couple of years our club hosts a booth at the MEC Paddlefest, Saturday June 17, 2017. We need a team of volunteers to help make this happen!
Paddlefest attracts lots of spectators and participants each year. There are boats for demo, paddling clinics, and information on everything related to water sports. It is a great opportunity to connect with potential new club members. This year we have been asked again to give a short kayak packing course that has been very popular in the past. And we'll get to do it twice!
If you've helped with Paddlefest in the past, your expertise will be welcome. If it's your first time -- please join in! We need a few smiling faces to commit for an hour or so while still being able to participate in demos, clinics, the "Paddleswap", and other festivities. Contact Randy by email at President2@skabc.org to let him know when you can help.
- Trip Leader Course, Friday-Sunday, June 2 - 4, 2017
- Rescue Practice Session, Sunday, June 11, 2017
- BCMTNA Site/Beach Cleanup, June 14-18, 2017
- Rescue Practice Session, Sunday, July 9, 2017
- Currents Course, Fri-Sun, July 21-23, 2017
- Crescent Beach to White Rock (2C), Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Barnet Marine Park to Cates Park (2B), Thursday, June, 8, 2017
- Anvil Island & Pam Rocks (3C), Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Bowen Island Circumnavigation (3D), Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Granite Falls (2B), Sat & Sun, June 24 & 25, 2017
Share your experience with other members
Have you gone on a SKABC trip or attended a SKABC course? Share you're experience with the other members. Send a brief write-up and/or photos to email@example.com, and we'll make sure it gets on the website. What was your experience? What did you learn? Any little anecdotes? Let us know!