looking for kayaking partner(s) to paddle entire BC Coast for Summer 2018

• Creator
    Topic
    Craig Daniel

Hi there!

I have pre-arranged to take the Summer off from mid June to the first week of August 2018, in order to paddle the outside route of the BC Coast, from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy (or vica versa).

Unfortunately my planned kayaking partner had to suddenly withdraw due to work, so I’m now looking for experienced kayaker(s) to join me this Summer. I’m flexible if others are only willing to go down half of the coast, as opposed to the entire stretch.

I’m easy to get along, have several years experience, with and pull my weight in camp duties and make the best pancakes you’ll ever experience!

Please let me know if there are interested paddlers.

Craig

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Craig Daniel

Hi there Heather, thanks so much for your response.

First, I have no issues avoiding 20 mile days, the reason I took so much time off is to be able to take my time vs break any speed paddling records.

I have to admit my first choice would be to find somebody to do the lions share of the Coast…that being said, time is winding down and I am certainly open to doing a portion.

So long as you don’t live in Nunavut or Newfoundland, I would absolutely love to meet for coffee any time/place this weekend to chat possibilities, and download your brain regarding past experiences on the coast. Are you in the Lower Mainland?

Hope you enjoy this awesome day.

Heather Kirk

Hi Craig,

I can’t take the summer off but I would be willing to do a stretch of it with you if we could make it work. I have paddled all of the outer coast (in several trips), from Klemtu to Tofino and the only thing that has prevented me from doing longer trips and going further north is the trouble with finding paddling partners. I was trying to put together together another trip to the Klemtu area for this summer but have so far I have had no takers.

Here is the thing.. I am in my sixties now and I suspect you’re a whole lot younger than me. I am by no means decrepit but I am not willing or perhaps not able to do 20 miles day after day, if that is what you’re planning. What I would propose is that if you would be interested, we can meet, I can bring my charts with all of the goodies of info marked on them and if there is a section of your journey where you can use some company, perhaps I can join you. At the very least I would be happy to pass on to you my knowledge of the places I’ve been. If you do want paddling partners even if they are a bit long in the tooth, I wouldn’t mind going from Bella Bella to Port Hardy down the outside a second time or along section in the north. I haven’t been along the outer coast of Aristasibal, for instance.

Cheers,

Heather.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.