Hollyburn Solstice Flotilla and Festival of Light and Christmas Potluck Party

• Creator
    Topic
    Peter Kearney
    Participant

Saturday December 22 Hollyburn Sailing Club will hold its annual Solstice Flotilla and Potluck Party. They have opened it up to SKABC Members again this year. Details are below.

The first part applies to those people who wish to get on to the water at 4:30pm, and the second part (starting at 7:30pm) is open to anyone interested in a pre-Christmas social with Potluck food and live music. Former Commodore Mike Cairns will be playing popular sing-along carols, followed by our own Hollyburn Trio of Neil Carroll, Jennifer Parkinson-Dow, and Steve Britten.

Solstice Flotilla and Festival of Light and Christmas Potluck Party – Saturday December 22nd.

Action Plan (weather permitting):

– Meet at the Club between 3.30 and 4 pm; bring your share for the potluck. BYOB, have some time to decorate boats.

– Make sure you have at least ONE WHITE LIGHT VISIBLE 360⁰

– Launch at 4.30 pm

– Paddle / row/ sail / swim to Dundarave

– Enjoy Bonfire on the beach (approximately half hour) and take in the Festival of Lights (and admire the HSC Christmas Tree)

– Paddle / row/ sail / swim back to the Club

– ETA at HSC 6.30 pm, change into WARM, DRY clothing!

– Potluck Dinner at the Clubhouse at 7.30

– The Club will provide mulled wine and hot cider

– Carols and Folk

Interested SKABC members: RSVP to Steve (steveb@stpub.com) or Maceij (maciej_s@telus.net )

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Admin

Hi Redouane, this email address should work: steveb@stpub.com

Redouane Fakir

Maybe it’s just me but at least one of the two RSVP emails didn’t work, namely

musicsteveb@stpub.com

Hope the other email works, although the spelling looks unusual since the spelling of name and email address don’t seem to match:

maciej_s@telus.net

Again, it’s probably just me 😉

merry Christ everybody <3

Heather Kirk

I hope somebody cancels the on the water part of this asap. I really wanted to do this because last year I missed it but the marine forecast is for 20-30 northerly outflow winds. The wind will die down as it changes direction from the south and if it were to look good, maybe you could poke your noses out for an hour on a morning or afternoon paddle but not dusk to after dark.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.